Updated: Samsung Mobile USA has responded to our inquiry regarding the processor that is inside of the AT&T Samsung Rugby Smart. Inside it has a “Single Core Application 1.4GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon S2 Processor“.
Today AT&T and Samsung Mobile USA unveiled the Samsung Rugby Smart! It is rugged device that is designed to handle the elements. It is dust proof, can survive submersion in up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes, and can handle extreme temperatures. It is built to the mil-std 810f military spec standards. It features a 3.7 inch WVGA Super AMOLED display and is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It has 4GB of Storage Space built-in and can support up to a 32GB micro SD card. We do not yet know what kind of processor is inside. It has support for 4G service from aT&T, Wi-Fi, and more. On the back of the device you will find the 5 mega-pixel camera with flash that can record HD video. You get a 1.3 mega-pixel camera on the front. It thickness is only 12.19 millimeter, this is pretty thin considering it is a “tough” device. It will be available on March 4 both in AT&T Stores and online. It will cost $99.99 with a 2-year contract. For more info check out the videos and press release below.
Samsung & AT&T Deliver Brains and Brawn
Waterproof and Dustproof Samsung Rugby® Smart Available Starting March 4
Dallas, Texas, February 23, 2012
- On March 4, AT&T* will begin selling the Samsung Rugby® Smart in company-owned retail stores and online. The smartphone will be sold for $99.99 with a two-year commitment and monthly minimum data plan.
- Samsung Rugby® Smart is dustproof, can be submerged in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes, and can withstand extreme temperatures.**
- Runs on Android™ 2.3 with 4G capabilities and boasts a virtual QWERTY keyboard, 3.7-inch Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display, 5MP camera and an integrated flashlight.
Samsung Rugby® Smart
The Samsung Rugby® Smart is a rugged, dustproof device designed to handle the elements with water resistance (submergible up to 1m for 30 minutes) and built to mil-std 810f military spec standards**.The Android 2.3 smartphone features a 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen display and a 5MP camera with HD video recording***. It also supports 4G service, Wi-Fi®, corporate email and the full line of media including location, music and social networking services. From the work site to the camp site and beyond, Rugby Smart fulfills all your smartphone needs with the physical strength to handle whatever life throws at it.
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days