Motorola and Verizon have finally made it official that the Droid X2 is coming in stores on May 26th. However you will be able to pre-order it online on May 19th. The price of the Droid X2 will be $200 with a 2-year contract. Some of the features are a 4.3 inch screen, Adobe Flash Player, 8 MegaPixel Camera, Android 2.2 (will be updated to 2.3), Mirror Mode via HDMI, 3G Mobile Hot-Spot. The big feature is that it is Verizon’s first dual-core 1GHz processor, this will make using the phone lighting fast. Only thing i was disappointed on is that it is not a 4G phone, but as we know their 3G is fast also. You can see the full Press Release Below.
To view this as a web page click here
DROID X2 by Motorola Coming to Verizon Wireless with Double the Power, Double the Does
Fast and Powerful DROID X2 by Motorola to be Available Online Beginning May 19 BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill.– Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the second-generation Android™-powered DROID X2 by Motorola, designed for the consumer who does everything on their smartphone.
Fly through the Web with the DROID X2, which boasts Verizon Wireless’ first dual-core 1GHz processor for fast webpage loading and Adobe® Flash®Player, allowing customers to experience rich content online. The 4.3-inch scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD display delivers a sharp, clear view ideal for watching movies, typing emails and playing your favorite games. Never miss a moment using the 8-megapixel camera with continuous autofocus and stunning HD video capture. Use the new Gallery app to view, tag and post photos on sites like Flickr® and Facebook®, all from one place.
- Powered by Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
- Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
- Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
Pricing and availability:
- The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.comon May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- DROID X2 customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go towww.verizonwireless.com.