Today Verizon Wireless unveiled the Casio G’zOne Ravine 2! It is the latest addition to Verizon’s tough and rugged category of devices. It will be exclusive to Verizon Wireless. It is compact and durable, and was created with field workers and outdoor enthusiasts in mind. It also has Global support built-in, so feel free to travel the world with it. It is has the G’zGEAR software built-in; this gives you 7 modes that will enhance your phone. It is truly a heavy-duty phone. Some of its features are push-to-talk capabilities, Opera Mini Web Browser, V CAST Tones, VZW Navigator, 1.38-inch external color display, 3.2 mega-pixel camera, and much more. It also meets military standards for immersion, water, shock and dust resistant, vibration, salt, fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude and low and high temperature storage. In terms of lifestyle features it offers Earth Compass, Walking Counter, Tides, Astro Calendar, Star Gaze, Thermometer, and more. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on November 17, and will make its way in to Verizon Wireless Store on November 23. It will cost $149.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate with a 2-year contract. For more information on the new Verizon Casio G’zOne Ravine 2, see the press release below.
Verizon Wireless And CASIO Introduce The Ruggedized CASIO® G’zOne Ravine® 2
High Performance and Global Ready for Tough Jobs
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and CASIO today announced a new addition to the rugged and tough category, the CASIO® G’zOne Ravine® 2, exclusively on the nation’s most reliable network. Compact and durable, the CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 was created with outdoor enthusiasts and field workers in mind, and global roaming allows users to communicate in more than 200 countries around the world.
Designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, the CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 is equipped with the popular G’zGEAR software. G’zGEAR operates in seven modes to enhance the active-driven lifestyle, allowing adventurers and outdoor workers to perform at their peak around the world. Perfect for the most rough-and-tumble hiking trails, the CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 can withstand and rise above dust and errant sprinkles, and navigate through rough, wet, dry or snowy terrain. Obnoxious shocks are seemingly a thing of the past with this heavy-duty phone.
The CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 is ideal for industries such as construction, transportation, law enforcement and military. Workers in hazardous environments such as construction sites, warehouses and factory floors require a device that is reliable, easy to use and has the capability to withstand extreme wear and tear.
- Meets Military Standards 810G for immersion, water, shock and dust resistant, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude and low and high temperature storage
- Global Ready™ device allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries
- Push-to-Talk capable for fast two-way communication
- Opera Mini Browser for mobile Web browsing
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging
- VZ Navigator® – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share directions with others, includes access to mobile Web and email
- V CAST Tones – download ringtones and ringback tones
- Supports up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Bluetooth® support includes headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and file transfer
- 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and camcorder
- 1.38-inch external color display
- 2.5mm headset jack
- G’zGear operates in seven modes:
- Earth Compass – Functions as a standard compass, while the GPS shows the distance and direction to several domestic and international landmarks, including Yosemite National Park and Mt. Everest.
- Walking Counter – From the start of your journey, the Walking Counter measures steps, distance and energy consumption, and total steps for the day, week or month. It also provides virtual treks for famous North American trails and roads, including Mt. Kilimanjaro, Annapurna Circuit, Torres Del Paine Circuit, John Muir Trail and Transcontinental.
- Astro Calendar – Provides the moon’s age and days until a full or new moon.
- Tides – Showcases the tidal graph for the day; the time of tide ebb and flow; current, past and future sea tide levels. GPS displays the nearest location map.
- Thermometer – Displays current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit with numeric and graphic thermometer readings, and allows the user to compare current temperatures across multiple locations.
- Sunrise Sunset – Check the time of the next sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset. Track the moon phases for your current location.
- Star Gaze – Utilizes GPS to displays the stars and constellation names based on the current season and time.
Pricing and availability:
- The CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 will be available online atwww.verizonwireless.com on Nov. 17, and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Nov. 23 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any qualifying nationwide voice plan.
For more information on the CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2 or for other Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go towww.verizonwireless.com. Customers can visitwww.CasioGzOne.com to experience the CASIO G’zOne Ravine 2.