Verizon Wireless has just announced the BlackBerry Curve 9370! It will be available in both Verizon stores and at www.verizonwireless.com on January 19th! It will cost you $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year contract. It is the first Global Ready BlackBerry Curve for Verizon. It is running on BlackBerry 7 Operating System and features BlackBerry Messenger and Social Feeds App. It features Verizon 3G Network, 5 mega-pixel rear camera with flash, 2.44-inch display, 2GB micro SD card install, support for NFC, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and more. The the BlackBerry Curve 9370, BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone and the BlackBerry Torch 9850 will be getting an upgrade to BlackBerry 7.1 soon. It will allow these smartphones to share their 3G Network with up to 5 WiFi devices. I was hoping to see a 4G LTE BlackBerry but, I guess the time is just not right yet. The BlackBerry Curve 9370 will be available on January 19 for $99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate with a 2-year contract. Fore more info see the Press Release below.
Verizon Wireless Introduces BlackBerry® Curve™ 9370 Smartphone
BlackBerry Curve 9370 to be Available on the Nation’s Most Reliable Network
LAS VEGAS, NV and BASKING RIDGE, NJ— From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless today announced the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 9370 smartphone will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Jan. 19.
The slim and stylish BlackBerry Curve 9370 delivers the ultimate mobile communications and social experiences with a highly refined and integrated suite of phone, email, messaging and social apps to keep users connected and productive throughout the day. It is ergonomically designed with a comfortable and iconic keyboard for fast, accurate typing and an optical trackpad for easy, one-handed navigation.
The new BlackBerry Curve 9370 is also the first Global Ready ™ BlackBerry Curve for Verizon Wireless. Running on the Verizon Wireless 3G network and powered by the new BlackBerry® 7 operating system, customers will experience features such as the newest release of BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger version 6) and an updated Social Feeds app. The premium version of Documents To Go is also included at no additional cost, offering customers enhanced document editing features as well as a native PDF document viewer.
- 3G coverage on the nation’s most reliable network
- Global Ready – Quad-band with support for GSM, GPRS and EDGE, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries
- Support for Near Field Communications (NFC), enables many capabilities, including the ability to pair accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone
- 5-megapixel camera with flash
- 2.44-inch display
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB cards
- 2 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
Pricing and availability:
- BlackBerry Curve 9370 smartphone will be available for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers that purchase a BlackBerry Curve 9370 smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
BlackBerry 7.1 Update
BlackBerry 7.1 will soon be available for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone and the BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone. Customers will be able to take advantage of mobile hotspot capabilities on both smartphones. Customers will be able to share their 3G connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices. The BlackBerry Curve 9370 will also be upgraded to 7.1 in an upcoming software update.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.