Verizon and Novatel have just unveiled the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 4620L! This Verizon JetPack is a Global ready 4G LTE MiFi! It supports Quad Band EDGE and HSPA technology. It will allow you to create a personal WiFi cloud and you can share the intent with up to 10 other WiFi devices. It supports the latest security requirement including PN pass-through and NAT firewall. It features an OLED display that allows you to view setting and mange the connected devices. It is global read in more than 205 countries. Works on both the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE and 3G Network! Works automatically, no software required for use. The Verizon Jetpack – MiFi 4620L will be available in the upcoming weeks from www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Stores. They also are keeping the pricing a secret as of now, we will update you when it is released. For more info see the Press Release below!
Verizon Wireless And Novatel Wireless Announce New Verizon Jetpack™, Global Ready™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
LAS VEGAS, NV and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Novatel Wireless (NASDAQ: NVTL) today announced the new Verizon Jetpack™- MiFi® 4620L. This Verizon Jetpack is a Global Ready™, 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and the next generation of the Novatel Wireless MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot portfolio for Verizon Wireless, building on award-winning innovation and design, proven performance and industry-leading user experience. The Jetpack provides ultimate global support allowing consumers to stay connected while traveling abroad, supporting Quad Band EDGE and HSPA technology. The Jetpack will be in the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259).
The Verizon Jetpack – MiFi 4620L creates a personal Wi-Fi cloud, capable of sharing high-speed 4G LTE and 3G Mobile Broadband Internet connectivity with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously. The Jetpack supports the latest security requirements, complying with the strictest corporate VPNs, including VPN pass-through and NAT firewall. It includes new features such as an interactive OLED display, allowing customers to scroll through menu options, check security settings, view battery life and manage connected devices at any given time.
- 4G LTE – Customers in the United States can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- Global Ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless data service in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
- Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Backward compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
- Simple one-touch connectivity
- OLED display and multi-color LED status indicator
- Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
- Supports Windows®, Linux, and most other Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- No software installation required
- Advanced integrated antenna technology
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
- Dimensions: 3.76” x 2.36” x 0.53”
Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 4G network in the United States, which now covers more than 200 million people in 190 markets. The Verizon Jetpack – MiFi 4620L will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com in the coming weeks.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit www.verizonwireless.com.