Verizon Wireless and Samsung Mobile USA have unveiled the Samsung Intensity III. It is a new feature phone from Verizon and Samsung. It is perfect for both a texting and social media fan. It has rugged design, that can withstand wear and tear. It is made from 80% post-consumer materials, making it a eco-friendly device. It also includes co-calculator that tracks car fuel mileage and carbon dioxide emissions. It features a 2 megapixel rear camera, 2.4inch QVGA TFT screen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Facebook and Twitter capabilities, voice command, VZ Navigator, BlueTooth, microSD card slot, and meets Military Specifications 810F standards for shock, low pressure (altitude), low and high temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, vibration, sand and dust. It has a charger that will alert you when the battery is fully charged. It’s packing is also made out of 60% recycled paper. The Verizon Wireless Samsung Intensity III is now available from www.verizonwireless.com and in the coming weeks at Verizon Wireless stores. It will cost you $79.99 after a $50-mail-in-rebate with a 2-year contract. Your rebate will come in the form of a debit card. For more info check out the Press Release below.
Verizon Wireless Introduces Samsung Intensity™ III
A Ruggedized Messaging Phone for the Active Lifestyle
BASKING RIDGE, NJ and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the Samsung Intensity™ III is available online starting today atwww.verizonwireless.com.
The horizontal-slide QWERTY keyboard is ideal for text message fans and the enhanced social networking features make it easy to stay connected with family and friends. The Intensity III boasts a durable and ruggedized design built to withstand wear and tear while also being made from 80 percent post-consumer materials, including recycled plastic extracted from water bottles or other recycled polycarbonate materials. For customers interested in keeping track of their own carbon footprint, the Intensity III offers an eco-calculator that tracks car fuel mileage, efficiency and also estimates the amount of carbon dioxide emissions.
- 2-megapixel camera with photo options including night shot, shooting modes (series and divided), and effects (normal, black and white, antique and negative).
- Meets Military Specifications 810F standards for shock, low pressure (altitude), low and high temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, vibration, sand and dust.
- 2.4 inch QVGA (240 x 320) TFT screen for easy viewing.
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging.
- Enhanced social networking capabilities make updating statuses on Facebook® and Twitter™easier than ever.
- Voice commands and advanced speech recognition for an enhanced user experience.
- Multilingual User Interface that includes English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese.
- Fake Call feature that allows users to set up a pseudo-call to help them escape unwanted social situations.
- VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions withothers.
- Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, and serial port.
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB.
Additional environmental features:
- Packaging made from recycled paper (post-consumer waste) and printed with soy ink, along with reduced package size.
- Box: 60 percent recycled paper
- High efficiency charger that alerts when the battery is fully charged.
Pricing and availability:
- The Samsung Intensity III is available online starting today at www.verizonwireless.com and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.