Verizon Wireless And Samsung Mobile USA have just announced that the ATIV Odyssey will be coming to Verizon! This will be Samsung Mobile’s first Windows Phone 8 launch in the United States! It will be available in the coming weeks in Verizon stores and from there online store. It features a great 4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 800 X 480. This will let you stream video, play games, view and snap photos all in high-resolution. The ATIV Odyssey will be Global Ready as well, this way you can text, call, or email from more than 220 countries in the world. For speed you will get access to Verizon Wireless’s insanely fast 4G LTE Network. Then inside you will get a 1.5GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM, this will keep Windows Phone 8 running! Speaking of Windows Phone 8 you will get access to the great Live Tiles User Interface and exclusive Samsung applications like photo Editor, Mini Diary, and application that provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly. It is also ready for business with Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync and on-device AES 256-bit encryption. You get Kids Corner, Windows Phone Store, Live Apps, and many other great features in Windows Phone 8! On the back of the device you will get a 5 megapixel back camera with LED flash and it records video in 1080pHD. A 1.2 megapixel camera can be found on the front for video calling on the go and taking self portraits. You get 8GB of on board storage and a micro SD card slot that can hold up to a 64GB micro SD card. You get a 2100 mAh battery that should last the full day! I am very excited that Samsung is bringing there Windows Phone 8 devices to the United States. I cannot wait to check it out the ATIV Odyssey For Verizon Wireless! No exact pricing or availability has been announced just yet, but it will be available in the coming weeks. NJTechReviews will update you as soon as they give us that information. For more information check out the press release below! Stay Tuned To NJTechReviews For Round The Clock Coverage Of The 2013 Consumer Electronics Show!
Samsung Mobile Launches Its First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone in the U.S. with Verizon Wireless
Samsung ATIV Odyssey™ features Super AMOLED display, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 4G LTE connectivity
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–From the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States and the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide1, today announced the Samsung ATIV Odyssey™ will be available in the coming weeks at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online.
The ATIV Odyssey boasts a brilliant 4-inch Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display (800×480) that allows users to watch movies, view pictures and play games in high resolution. This compact, versatile smartphone is Global Ready™, giving users the ability to call and email from more than 220 countries in the world. The ATIV Odyssey is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor to quickly access the Internet, stream music and download content at blazing speeds using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the sleek and intuitive Windows Phone 8 operating system, the only one with Live Tiles, designed to keep you closer to the people and things that matter most. The ATIV Odyssey also features unique Samsung sharing applications such as Photo Editor, Mini Diary and Now, an application that provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
The ATIV Odyssey is enterprise ready with enhanced security features to offer customers an extremely powerful business tool that keeps sensitive company data secure. Security solutions include advanced Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® features and policy control and on-device AES 256-bit encryption.
Key Product Features:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800×480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD™ card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor – Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, red eye correction and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary – Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now – Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly
Windows Phone 8 Features:
Live Tiles are the heart and soul of Windows Phone, and no other phone has them. People can arrange the iconic Start screen however they want by pinning their favorite people, apps, music, games, photos and more. In addition to Live Tiles, Windows Phone 8 offers a range of new features to make your smartphone experience even more personal, including:
- The only phone with Live Apps. Live Apps bring information right to the Start screen, such as the Groupon deal of the day, flight information and news headlines. With Windows Phone 8, Live Apps such as Facebook can even deliver real-time information right to your lock screen with updated wallpaper.
- Top apps. The Windows Phone Store has more than 120,000 quality apps and games, including hits such as “Angry Birds Star Wars,” “Cut the Rope,” Disney’s “Where’s My Water,” LivingSocial, Urbanspoon and many more. Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, is also coming to Windows Phone in early 2013.
- Kid’s Corner. Exclusive to Windows Phone 8, Kid’s Corner is a way to share your phone with your kids, so they can play “Angry Birds” without texting your angry boss. Parents can now hand over their phones to the kids without worrying about deleted photos, misdirected emails, unapproved purchases or accidental phone calls. After a simple setup, parents can activate a specialized place on the phone for kids to play — complete with their own customizable Start screens — where they can access only the apps, games, music and videos picked by parents.
Editor’s Note: The ATIV Odyssey will be on display at CES 2013 in the Samsung booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall, Booth #12004).
1 Samsung Mobile is the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States according to Strategy Analytics, North America Handset Vendor Marketshare, Q2 2012. Samsung Electronics Company is the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide according to Strategy Analytics Global Smartphone Vendor Market Share by Region: Q2 2012.
Samsung, ATIV, and Super AMOLED are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.