Today AT&T has turned on it;s 4G LTE Network for Anaheim California! This means that customers there can enjoy faster speed thanks to their 4G LTE Network, a faster response time, awesome new devices, and a more efficient use of the spectrum. It is great to see that AT&T is continuing there rollout of 4G LTE! They have already launched 26 markets nationwide! While AT&T is starting to turn on 4G LTE, keep in mind that they still have their ‘4G” HSPA+ Network that they have an already and are counting to make better! They will continue the 4G LTE rollout in the Los Angeles Area in the upcoming months. They are also starting the Nationwide rollout! Be sure to let us know if AT&T’s 4G LTE Network is turned on your area. For more info on the expansion check out the Press Release below!
4G LTE From AT&T Available in Anaheim
Customers to benefit from ultra-fast mobile broadband on new LTE compatible devices
Anaheim , California , January 10, 2012
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile broadband technologies. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
“We continue to see demand for mobile broadband skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in Anaheim responds to what customers want from their mobile experience — more, faster, on the best devices,” said Andy Shibley, vice president and general manager.
AT&T 4G LTE Devices
AT&T offers several 4G LTE-compatible devices, including:
- HTC Vivid™
- Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
- LG Nitro HD
- HTC Jetstream™ tablet
- Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9
- AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
AT&T will continue to expand its 4G LTE footprint in the greater Los Angeles area over the coming months. AT&T has launched 4G LTE in 26 markets nationwide.
Even as AT&T 4G LTE expands, customers will be able to enjoy more consistent 4G speeds on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. Not only is AT&T deploying 4G LTE, it has also deployed fast HSPA+ technology throughout its mobile broadband network. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with 4G speeds. Customers of competitors who have transitioned to LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE areas.
Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. Deployment ongoing. 4G LTE device and data plan required. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more about 4G LTE at att.com/network.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.